Monday, February 9, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

I won't go into great detail, but just wanted to let everyone know Paul is now out numbered 4 to 1! Maggie Grace joined our family on Tuesday, February 3.

On Tuesday we went to the hospital at 5:30am for me to be induced - 2 days after my due date (Claire and Rachel were born about two weeks early, so this was different for me). I had been to the doctor the day before and since I had already started to dilate and had been having contractions on and off for about 3 weeks, they agreed to induce me. (I was tired, hurting, the baby was big certainly big enough, my mom was here and I was done) The doctor came to see me and broke my water at about 8:30am and they started pitocin which hit me like a truck! Contractions came on quick and hard. I only lasted about an hour or so before requesting an epidural. After a somewhat tough time getting the epidural and I was feeling good, my blood pressure dropped, I got nauseous, the baby's heart rate started become somewhat irregular and only about 2 1/2 hours after starting this process, the doctor said we could solve all our problems with one solution - to deliver the baby. I was shocked that it had gone that quick. Paul and I were kind of caught off guard, but still ready. (Claire and Rachel were both 8 - 10 hour labors) Grammy Judy had just dropped Claire and Rachel at our neighbor Bridget's house and got to the hospital just as I was starting to deliver. She had time to drop her coat and purse and come next to me. She almost missed it, but I was sure glad she didn't. At 11:33am after only 2 sets of pushing, Baby Girl Walker was born. Weighing in at 8lbs 8 ounces and 21 inches long, she is our big girl. She is of course perfect. Light brown hair, no conehead, long, but chubby fingers no chicken legs this time. She is beautiful - no bias here.

We didn't have a name ready - for a boy or a girl, so we had some work still to do. We narrowed it down to Nora Grace or Maggie Grace and Claire helped make the final decision. So Maggie Grace is now our 3rd baby girl!









When Paul called to tell Claire that we had the baby, she asked "What kind of baby is it?" When Paul told her it was a girl, she was so excited - Bridget said she just lit up! They came to see us early that evening. Claire was ecstatic, Rachel wasn't quite sure what to think.

Claire, Katey, Rachel and Bridget made me a sign that said "Welcome baby girl and mommy!" I loved it!

Here is the family - Paul, Rachel, Me, Maggie, Claire and Grammy Judy!

I'll post some more pictures and info later, and try to catch up on everything else soon - ha! We'll see - with three little ones and Grammy Judy leaving in 2 days, it may not quite be soon.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congratulations! She's a cutie.