Saturday, December 29, 2007

"I feel like a pro already..."

After our trip to Monticello, Utah, we headed on to Klamath Falls, Oregon to visit with J.J.'s family. There was more snow here too for us to enjoy. Nicolette, along with Ty and Cody (J.J's cousin Kris' boys)had already been out enjoying the hill next to the house with snowboarding and sledding. When we came to visit, we pulled out the "real" snowboards and the kids tried them out.

Rob helped Nicolette get into her bindings and ready to ride.

Nico started off like it was nothing.

She made it down the hill more than once.

And after only a couple rides down the hill, she told me, "I feel like a pro already. I know I'm not one yet, but I kind of feel like one." Later, she had a big fall after a big jump on icy snow and didn't feel like riding anymore for awhile. I guess even pros have their off days.

Claire, Millie and even Isabela got in on the sledding action, but Rachel and Grammy Judy had the best, and warmest, seats in the house.

No comments: